Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Person at a Time

      I am currently reading a book called Kisses From Katie and below are some short excerpts from her book:
                 

                 "During the first few months I lived in Uganda, in fall of 2007, I wrote, "Sometimes working in a Third World country makes me feel like I am emptying the ocean with an eyedropper." Today, it often still feels that way. I have learned to be okay with this feeling because I have learned that I will not change the world. Jesus will do that. I can, however, change the world for one person.
                  And if one person sees the love of Christ in me, it is worth every minute. In fact, it is worth spending my life for.
                  Many days, I am still overwhelmed by the magnitude of the need and the incredible number of people who need help. Many days I see the destitute, disease-ridden children lining the streets in the communities I serve and I want to scoop up every single one of them, take them home with me, and feed and clothe and love them. And I look at the life of my Savior, who stopped for one.
                  So I keep stopping and loving one person at a time."
     

     I find sometimes people, myself included, can be so overwhelmed by the needs of those around us that you wonder how you can possibly make a difference. One person at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment