Thursday, August 16, 2012

Last Days in CO







    

     Today marks the last full day of S.P.L.I.C.E. in Colorado. Today was a very emotional day as we talked about goodbyes and hellos, and doing them well. We talked about who it was going to be hardest to say goodbye to and why. Then we prayed for each other and ended the day sharing what God had done in us the last three weeks. I have learned so much from all of our teachers and the fellow missionaries. God has taught me a lot about myself and my relationship with Him over the last few weeks.

     P.I.L.A.T. taught me a lot about how to learn a new language. I always thought they came easy to me. In high school I took 3 years of Spanish, 2 years of French, 2 years of German and then took 2 semesters of sign language in college. I know none of them now, other than a few phrases here and there. Now I have been taught a new way to learn language and I am excited to get started. I got to practice my new methods in Russian. It was a lot of fun and I was amazed at how much I learned from our language helper in three one-hour sessions.

     Tomorrow I begin my journey to Indiana. It will be difficult to say goodbye to the people I have spent the last 3-5 weeks with, but I look forward to spending my last couple of weeks with my family before I leave. Please pray for me as I say my goodbyes and head over to Kenya. I am excited to get there. It has been a long journey, but God has been faithful and has taught me a lot about myself and what He has in store for me. Thank you to everyone who has been a support system for me, praying for me, encouraging me and so much more.

     I am not the only person headed off to the AGC Baby Centre soon. Please remember Dan and Dana Jacobs and their family in your prayers. They head out Sunday the 19th. Please pray as they say their goodbyes. Also pray for safe travels and that their bags would arrive. I am excited to be joining them in 16 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment