Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ninajifunza Kiswahili



     I learn by flash cards. I always have. On Monday I began language learning, and the picture above are the flashcards I have made out of the verbs, phrases, questions, vocabulary, etc. that we have been learning. It has been amazing to me how I can learn so much in a short time and understand my teacher most of the time, though I often have to ask him to repeat himself. I am still quite shy about using it when I go places because I speak so slowly, but I am working on it, and enjoying having conversations (as short as they may be with what I know) with people in their language. Please pray, as I continue to learn, that I will grow more bold.

 
     By the way, the name of the post says I am learning Swahili.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! Keep on working on that language. I talked about you to my cab driver last night. He is a lovely man from Somolia who fled 20 yrs. ago, to free himself from the lawlessness. Be safe my freind.

    ReplyDelete