Friday, December 14, 2012

Moving and Chatting Up a Storm

     Over the last three weeks I have been very busy with things outside of the AGC Baby Centre. I went to a training for four days, helped with VBS the next week, and then we had a field meeting at the beginning of this week. As many of you who have children know, kids learn new things so quickly. The following is an update of things I have noticed the kids doing in the last few weeks or since I have been back and spending more one-on-one time with them.


     You cannot see his face, but this is James. The last time I shared with you he was swimming across the floor to get where he wanted. Now he is in full crawl mode. When he fist started crawling you would have thought he was in the Indy 500. He would race across the room. He started this about three weeks ago and is now trying to stand. Today he was pulling himself to a standing position, using my pant leg.


 
      This is a photo of David. Over the last couple of months he had been pulling himself up and walking alongside the furniture. While I was at training he had figured out he could do it on his own. At first he was toddling along and would stumble and fall. He has very quickly figured out how to keep himself upright.
 
 
     This cutie is Jospeh. He and I have been working together on sitting up and he for the most part can keep himself up now. That is unless he gets distracted by someone walking by. Then he tips over because he leans too far. He is a talker too. If you walk in the baby wing the kids are just talking back and forth to each other. I of course have no idea what they are saying but they just talk up a storm, especially when they are sitting in a circle.
 
Stephen
 
Joshua
      These two love being read to. They will often babble and talk to me as I read them stories in the afternoon.
   
      I feel blessed that God has me here. I am so thankful that God cares about children and their futures. In fact I was reading a Bible story to the babies this afternoon based off from Luke 18:15-17: "People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have Him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to Him and said 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' " Please pray as these kids continue to grow and develop that they will also grow to know more about God and His love for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment